Friday, August 29, 2008

Goood Morning, Baltimore! Cock-a-doodle-dooooo!

Ok, first, let me explain that we live just a few blocks north of Baltimore city limits in a row house neighborhood, where the homes and cars are packed in tight and the back yards are not much bigger than a small living room...that is to say, NOT RURAL at all.

So, returning from walking my son to school this morning, I thought it must have been some child's novelty alarm clock coming through an open window when I heard a distinct, "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" Then I heard it again, and noticed it sounded awfully authentic. Then I saw a couple walking ahead of me looking in amazement at something on the sidewalk.

And there he was--a rooster roaming around Rodger's Forge...in between the cars, past the mail box, up on the sidewalk. He looked a little confused, as did the small gathering of neighbors who'd stopped to gape at him (esp. the odd woman who parked her baby's stroller and chased him around with her camera phone!)

0 comments:

 
{Blair Blanks Photography, Baby, Child, Newborn, Pregnancy, Maternity Photographer, Studio in Baltimore, Maryland}