Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer in the city

I didn't grow up with alleys. I grew up in the small-town south, playing in creeks and making mud pies. But my kids are being raised in the city where the yards are small (ours is a courtyard, no grass. See picture #4 taken in front of the goldfish pond) and you play where you can. In our case, it is often the alley. But lucky for me, the lighting in alleys can be awesome! I'd heard concrete reflects light beautifully, so I brought my camera out yesterday while Graham was skateboarding. I never post my own children here, so here they are, unkempt, uncombed, just a regular summer afternoon for two city kids!

MD photo studio
professional photographer Baltimore

photographer kids Baltimore


children portrait studio MD

child photo studio, Maryland


children's photographer Blair Blanks
Batlimore child photographer
MD kid photographer

4 comments:

-------------------------------------- said...

Look how big they are getting. G is a big boy now, isn't he!! And Ms. M..what a cutie pie!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Lenderink Photography said...

Those are the BEST kind of photos and some I "forget" to get of my own brood.

Partly (mostly:) because they groan when I pick up the camera. But I'm trying to catch more of the 'every day' shots that you did.

Those are beautiful! Happy Summer~

Kimberly Hill said...

BLAIR!! G's so big! I've seen the M'ster but haven't seen G since he had a new baby sister. Wow. He's so handsome!

Oh... pretty light. ;)

MawMaw said...

What great pictures! Superbrother with his pretty sister...the pictures certainly show their good looks and great personalities!

Maw Maw

 
{Blair Blanks Photography, Baby, Child, Newborn, Pregnancy, Maternity Photographer, Studio in Baltimore, Maryland}